The Journey of Africa

I found that moment and here is my leap of FAITH.....

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I love spending time with people seeing and understanding God through so many of their lives.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

World Cup.....Ghanian Style

World Cup Crazy!!!

All I have heard the last 5 days is "OHHHH you are from America our people score you 2-1" " Go Blackstars"!!!!

Last Thursday when Ghana played US the game was at 2:00, we stopped work promptly at 1:30 (along with the rest of Ghana and trust me nobody works during the game) set up a projection screen and found ourselves amongst 40 Africans shouting and screaming when Ghana scored!!!

Ghana has gone World Cup Crazy, at approximetly 3:00 today all shops, most schools, and people will leave work to watch their country play Brazil. This is the first time Ghana has ever qualified for a world cup and now that they have made it past the first round all you see everywhere is Ghana flags, hats, shirts, and whistles with red, yellow, and green ribbon attached! It's so much fun, I have never seen such national pride and cameraderie. Every one is chatting on the streets about the game, and yes I have officially "jumped on the bandwagon" ( I even got my cheek painted with the Ghanaian flag) and I am having a great time!!!

GO GHANA!!!!!!

Seren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home