The Journey of Africa

I found that moment and here is my leap of FAITH.....

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I love spending time with people seeing and understanding God through so many of their lives.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Amazing Grace Plumbing.....


I have observed that many people in Ghana know about Christ, but they only know Him at church. I have noticed this nation is full of the gospel, but people's hearts are empty. You see tons of signs for businesses saying "God is King Fitting Shop", "Amazing Grace Plumbing", or "God's Way Aluminum Co.", and these are just a few. Signs like the picture above line the streets of Ghana. At times it feels like there are more churches than homes and on Sunday's everyone but the tro tro drivers (bus drivers) are in church. While visually at first glance this nation appears to be full of God, when you take a second look at the hearts you see a different story. But really is this story any different in any other nation?

While in the US our streets may not be lined with visual signs of God, but do our hearts look any different??? This observation made me stop and think about my own life and ask myself some questions....
1. Am I leading a life that says I know about Christ or am I living a life for Christ in my heart?

2. When no one else is looking or when I am not at church am I making decisions with a Christ-like heart?

3. Am I just a visual picture of God on the outside, but on the inside it's a different story....

Just thought this little observation might spark some questions in your own hearts.... it's nothing I hadn't thought about before, but sometimes different things in life bring up these questions.....

Would love to hear your thoughts.... love Seren

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is why we need to find and follow God in the little blessings of life. For example, I love to eat so I try give thanks before I eat, ok most believers think that's ok, but I noticed in the OT it talks about giving thanks after we eat for the satisfaction God gives us from food. I think finding God in the little things helps us to be more content and grateful and hopefully more generous in our service and gifts to others - which does make a visible difference.

June 05, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Kevin Aja Fryatt said...

I found it the same in Liberia.

I "heart" U

June 05, 2006 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

February 07, 2007 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

March 07, 2007 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home