The Journey of Africa

I found that moment and here is my leap of FAITH.....

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I love spending time with people seeing and understanding God through so many of their lives.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Final Days in Liberia....

I have left a country that I have grown to love in just a short 3 months. The people of Liberia, while for the most part, are uneducated by our standards are wise beyond there years.

Here are some of the things I will miss...

- Endless Summers
- Gentle yet comforting rock of the ship (which by the way I have lived on a ship for 3 months that has never left port) just thought was kind of funny.
- Cramming 8 people into a small cab with an average outside temp of 95 deg.
- 2 minute showers :)
- The community lifestyle aboard the aboard the Anastasis
- I will miss 151 calls (that means I am being paged because one of my dear friends or family has called) it's the same feeling you get when you go to the mailbox and you find a letter from a freind and not just bills.
- I will miss worshiping every morning with my 30 new family members (aka segue classmates)
- I will miss being propsed to at least 2 times a day
- I will miss dodging people and pot holes in land rovers
- I will miss playing professional soccer, my fame is over, or wait was it really ever there, I am not sure!!
- I will miss the constant honking of horns, and chattering of people as you walk through the open market
- I wil miss the warm-climate culture where there is never a closed door, or a bad time to stop by.
- I will miss Liberia for it's life, love, and future.

I hope to return again sometime in the very near future!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home