The Journey of Africa

I found that moment and here is my leap of FAITH.....

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I love spending time with people seeing and understanding God through so many of their lives.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Extra Extra Read all about it......

Yes, it's official I have become a Liberian or at least I sound like one if you read their local newspaper. Below is a link to an article found in the Analyst paper on March 8th. I have started to collect a few things for a scrap book and a hard copy of this article for sure will be included, along with a picture of the team, and yesterday I convinced (by that I mean I just asked) the coach to give me my official player card when I am finished. I am really pumped about that one! I mean when I am seventy I will actually be able to show my grandchildren that I played professional soccer in Liberia. That's just kind of fun in general!

Here is a link to the newspaper article http://allafrica.com/stories/200603100570.html
This is one of "my" quotes apparently according to me...
According to her playing for a team in a local female league was not only a boost for her but a challenge in her quest to play professional football

Sadly enough I only have 10 more days left in my professional career before I have to leave for Ghana. With 3 practices and 2 games left I am really starting to get sad about leaving. It has been an amazing experience to cross cultural barriers with soccer and I am going to miss hanging out with the girls and being apart of their lives. While you think you come to Africa to possibly make a difference in the lives of the poor, the people here end up changing your life forever. The human spirit is just amazing to me.

I have to admit Liberia is an awesome place!!!

Seren #8

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Martynyuk said...

seren, that is AWESOME!!!!i am so excited for you. what an unexpected and wonderful experience. one you will never forgot for sure! i had a similar feeling, in a much smaller scale when IWU went to costa rica to play. what an opportunity to worship and glorify God while playing soccer in another country. i can't really think of anything else i would rather do, if in another country for a time. i love hearing about your time there. i will be praying for you as prepare to leave...as well as praying for liberia and the capture of taylor.
i love you lots. blessings...

March 29, 2006 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home